JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Mississippi Department of Corrections, an inmate convicted of two sex crimes in DeSoto County 21 years ago has died in a Jackson hospital.
Herman David Wiley, 58, died Saturday at Merit Health Central. He was housed at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Rankin County.
MDOC said no foul play is suspected. An autopsy will determine the official cause and the manner of death.
Wiley was convicted of two counts of fondling a child and two counts of sexual battery and sentenced to serve a total of 30 years on June 7, 1999.
- Mississippi Republican Party to elect new chairman
- Body found in trunk of burning car near Florida golf course, police say
- West Coast wildfire smoke has crossed the Atlantic, now reaches Finland
- ‘Giant rat’ found in drain under Mexico City
- Protesters ‘wake up’ GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham at his home after he says he’ll confirm Trump SCOTUS pick