JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Leaders with the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) said an inmate at the Mississippi State Penitentiary died in the prison hospital.
Anthony Bell, 64, was pronounced dead Thursday afternoon. According to MDOC, the cause and the manner of Bell’s death will be determined by an autopsy.
Bell had been in prison for eight years for sexual battery. He was sentenced to 20 years October 3, 2012, in DeSoto County.
- U.S. students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the U.S. thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- Tips to protect against ‘porch pirates’ during the holiday shopping season
- Crews respond to house fire on Gertrude Drive