SUNFLOWER COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – Officials with the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) said an inmate died in the hospital at the Mississippi State Penitentiary on Saturday.
They said no foul play is suspected in the death of 74-year-old O D Washington. He had been hospitalized since March.
Washington was serving 25 years for residential burglary and grand larceny. He was sentenced September 3, 1998, in Walthall County.
- UMMC’s 1,000th hospitalized patient with COVID-19 discharged on Monday
- Trick-or-Treat at the Two Mississippi Museums
- Woman accused impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case
- Man accused of stealing dying woman’s phone outside Anheuser-Busch brewery
- ‘Sign of the times’: Florida man stole backhoe, ran down Biden signs, police say