JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Department of Corrections announced an inmate, who was serving life for a kidnap and rape, has died in prison.
Kevin Keith Russell, 50, was pronounced dead Sunday at the Mississippi State Penitentiary hospital. MDOC said Russell had been in the hospital for several days and had a terminal illness.
An autopsy will provide the official cause and manner of death.
Russell was sentenced as a habitual offender on Sept. 1, 2000.
- Federal judge postpones Trump ban on popular app TikTok
- GALLERY: Spotlight on Saints for Sunday Night Football
- The eyes don’t have it: Masks upset classroom communication
- Homespun BLM products include cookie kits, garden gnomes
- Police: fight over parking spaces leads to 1 dead, 2 injured in NE Birmingham