JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC), an inmate serving life for killing a man 15 years ago in Lowndes County has died in prison.
Michael Gene Ray, 64, died Thursday evening at the hospital at the Mississippi State Penitentiary. MDOC officials said he had been hospitalized for several days.
Ray was convicted of murder in February 2008.
No foul play is suspected in his death, according to the county coroner. An autopsy will determine the official cause and manner of death.
- Ocean Springs man is paralyzed after receiving Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices
- Video: Driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Florida drawbridge
- Local pharmacist responds to Johnson & Johnson vaccine pause
- Man found dead in abandoned house on Ellis Avenue in Jackson