JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC), an inmate serving life for killing a man 15 years ago in Lowndes County has died in prison.
Michael Gene Ray, 64, died Thursday evening at the hospital at the Mississippi State Penitentiary. MDOC officials said he had been hospitalized for several days.
Ray was convicted of murder in February 2008.
No foul play is suspected in his death, according to the county coroner. An autopsy will determine the official cause and manner of death.
- Voter registration drives held in Mississippi ahead of General Election
- Vote America makes push on Nat’l Voter Registration Day
- Man charged in ongoing Hattiesburg homicide investigation
- Former Petal alderman arrested for molestation
- Mnuchin and Powell on pandemic progress: US economy is improving, but still fragile