JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A South Jackson home was damaged by a fire early Monday morning, and the victim said she was targeted with a Molotov cocktail.
Marcie Rupert believes her roommate targeted her. She said the two got into an argument, but she didn’t think anything of it until she woke up to see flames in her bedroom.
Firefighters responded to the home on Ferguson Drive around 4:00 a.m.
“I ran and moved my bed, and I saw flames. The blinds melted,” said Rupert.
Rupert said she woke up after another roommate alerted her about the fire. Investigators are now working to identify the suspect.
“Only one person was the girl staying here. We had complications, but I didn’t think nothing of it. I didn’t know she would send somebody here to do something like this to me,” said Rupert.
She was able to put out the fire. Her bedroom window and part of her headboard suffered much of the damage. Rupert wasn’t injured during the fire.
Rupert said her landlord plans to block off the home soon. Anyone with information about the suspect is asked to contact police.
- Lily Pad Cafe Opening to Provide Jobs for Special Needs
- Local inventor fights against COVID-19 with the creation of a face shield
- U.S. Senator Roger Wicker supports efforts to fill vacancy of Supreme Court
- Cities creating racial ‘healing’ committees to confront past
- Walmart, Amazon among donors to QAnon-promoting lawmaker