JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV)- A Jackson woman is in police custody for shooting a man in the head after an argument Saturday afternoon.
The incident occurred near Northside Drive and Methodist Home Road in Jackson.
According to PIO Sam Brown, the victim, 39-year-old Marchase Smith, was shot once in the head by Felicia Williams after a verbal altercation.
Smith was transported to University Medical Center where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Williams was later arrested and confessed to the shooting.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Female Football Coach Breaking Barriers at Magee High School
- Justin Timberlake gives wheelchair accessible van to family of teen with cerebral palsy
- CDC to shorten recommended COVID-19 quarantine days
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record
- Work on new border wall on hold while agency reviews water district’s concerns