JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV)- A Jackson woman is in police custody for shooting a man in the head after an argument Saturday afternoon.
The incident occurred near Northside Drive and Methodist Home Road in Jackson.
According to PIO Sam Brown, the victim, 39-year-old Marchase Smith, was shot once in the head by Felicia Williams after a verbal altercation.
Smith was transported to University Medical Center where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Williams was later arrested and confessed to the shooting.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Jackson native Wilson Furr advances to round of 32 at U.S. Amateur Championship
- Hall of Fame Profile: Antonio McDyess
- Family now seeks justice after Wilson boy killed, man captured
- Missing Brownsville woman found dead in Matamoros
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals