JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson Mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba declared October will be recognized as Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the city.
He made the announcement Wednesday morning at Thalia Mara Hall.
Lumumba said the proclamation is to encourage businesses, neighbors and local organizations to join and create activities that will increase awareness about domestic violence and breast cancer, while also that shining light on survivors.
- “Glitter bomb” sent to an employee at Pennsylvania 911 Communications Center
- New trailer for ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 released
- 730 new coronavirus cases, 31 additional deaths in Mississippi
- American Lung Association invites Mississippi schools to join vape-free schools initiative
- PHOTOS: Flying squirrel trafficking ring busted by Florida wildlife officials