JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police are investigating three shootings that injured several people on Sunday, August 9
The first shooting happened around 2:00 p.m. on Ellis Avenue and Lynch Street. Police said a man was inside a vehicle when he was shot by an unknown suspect. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition and later died from his injuries. The victim has been identified as 22-year-old Fredrick Smith.
Police said the shots were fired from a small, white vehicle captured in a surveillance picture. It appears to be a late model Mazda Cx-3.
The second shooting happened just after 9:00 p.m. in the 200 block of W. Woodrow Wilson Avenue. According to investigators, two men were injured after multiple shots were fired at a gas station. They were taken to the hospital by private vehicles. Their injuries are not life-threatening.
The third shooting happened in the 3600 block of Cromwell Street just after 9:30 p.m. Four men were injured after multiple shots were fired. Police said two victims drove away from the scene and later crashed at Woodrow Wilson Avenue at Gordon Street. One victim is in critical condition, and the others are in stable condition.
If you have any information about the shootings, call Crime Stoppers at 601-355-TIPS(8477).
- Fewer than half of COVID-19 vaccines promised to Baja California will be delivered
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- Hinds County leaders honor two centenarians with resolutions
- BBB warns of scams related to COVID-19 vaccine