JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police are investigating after a man was shot and killed Tuesday night. The shooting happened around 11:00 p.m. on Capitol Street near Johnson Court.
Police said the victim, identified as 55-year-old Michael Reed, was shot multiple times and died from his injuries at the scene.
According to investigators, two male suspects were observed running from the area. The motive for the shooting and the suspects’ identities remain unknown at this time.
If you have any information about the shooting, contact Crime Stoppers at 601-355-TIPS(8477).
- Florida man breaks a Georgia fishing record a few miles south of Columbus
- Coach Deion Sanders unites with men of Jackson to draw up plans to lift up communities
- Saints set to face off against former players & staff vs. Panthers
- Fourth grader in New Mexico forced to walk to school for internet
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say