JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police arrested several suspects who were wanted for separate crimes.
Investigators said an 18-year-old was arrested in connection to an armed carjacking. Jacobi Lofton was accused of assaulting a man before taking the victim’s vehicle at gunpoint. The incident happened last week at a local convenience store.
Police said 56-year-old J.D. Henderson has been charged with aggravated assault. He’s accused of shooting a woman during a disturbance on Shenandoah Valley Lane earlier this month.
In another case, a 21-year-old man was arrested in connection to an armed robbery and auto theft. Brandon Jones was accused of robbing a woman at gunpoint and taking her vehicle at a local motel earlier this month.
Police also arrested 28-year-old Melvin Gilmore in connection to a business burglary and auto theft. They said the incident happened at a local dealership last week.
- Ice-T says ‘no-masker’ father-in-law is ‘a believer now’ after 40 days in ICU battling COVID-19
- Guidelines from Fire Marshal to heat your home without creating fire hazards
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening
- Chihuahua eases business restrictions as COVID-19 fatalities, cases decline
- Phenix City assistant city manager dies after contracting COVID-19 virus