JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A Jackson woman was arrested for SNAP fraud, according to the Mississippi Department of Human Services (MDHS).
Investigators said Alexis M. Brent received an over issuance of SNAP benefits in the amount of $17,840.00. They said she failed to disclose material facts to MDHS used in making a determination as to her qualification to receive benefits under the federally funded assistance program.
A Hinds County Grand Jury indicted Brent on a charge of food stamp fraud. As part of her penalty, Brent was ordered to pay the full amount of restitution which is $17,840.
- Keep holiday gift-giving on budget with these companies that ship free
- Are dining tents a safe way to eat out during the pandemic?
- US agrees, for now, to stop deporting women who alleged abuse
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands