JEFFERSON COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, scammers are using the department’s phone number while calling neighbors.
Sheriff James E. Bailey Sr. said the scammers are using his name. The scammers are calling neighbors about credit card fraud.
Bailey stated the calls are not from his office. He said neighbors should not give out personal information like social security numbers, birthdates or addresses to the scammers.
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- 12 News Investigates: Are gun shows contributing to culture of violence?
- Jackson mother describes experience of not having water for weeks
- New Yorkers split if Governor Cuomo’s apology was sincere