JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Jackson Police Department is investigating shooting that killed one man and left another wounded.
The incident happened just after 4 p.m. at the Shell gas station on Hanging Moss Road.
According to JPD, 28-year-old Bryant Frazier was fatally wounded following an altercation with Titus Ward, who put a handgun to Frazier’s head, inside the store.
Investigators said a struggle resulted over the weapon, resulting in Ward being shot. Ward then gained control of the firearm and shot Frazier, who later succumbed to his injuries at the scene.
Ward left the scene and arrived wounded at a local hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.
This is a developing story.
- Sharkey County town closes vaccine access gap thanks to medical volunteers
- 12 News Investigates: Mobile COVID-19 vaccines for Madison Co. teachers, staff
- JSU Tennis Prepares for SWAC Tournament
- Bill banning transgender athletes’ participation in public school sports headed to Governor’s desk
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day