JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV)- A Jackson police officer is no longer employed, following an internal investigation into the officer’s alleged use of force.
According to Public Information Officer Sam Brown, authorities determined Officer Myron Smith violated departmental policies and procedures, which resulted in his firing.
In May, a video surfaced of Officer Smith placing his hands around the neck of another man while pushing him up against the car. He was later placed on administrative leave.
- New arrest after France church attack, security tightened
- Ballot selfie laws: Is it legal to snap a photo in your state?
- Colorado man denied lottery winnings after missing deadline by 3 days
- Judge Judy to move her gavel to streaming service IMDb TV
- Louisville police officer files lawsuit against Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend