JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Jackson Public School District, all seven high schools will take part in a voter registration drive challenge on Friday, September 25, and Monday, September 28.
The event will be sponsored by the Mississippi Black Women’s Roundtable. Prizes range from $5,000 for first place to $1,000 for third place.
Schools have been advised to notify their own students who are 18 years of age to come by to their schools to get registered to vote. The event will be from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on both days.
- Family of dead soldier questions US Army’s handling of sexual assault and retaliation
- How will President Trump be received in Palm Beach after he leaves the White House?
- Oprah Winfrey documentary to release on Apple TV+
- 22-year-old poet Amanda Gorman will read at Biden inaugural
- Capitol rioter aimed ‘to take hostages,’ prosecutor says