JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV)– Judicial candidates running for a seat on the Mississippi Supreme Court are remembering U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the second woman nominated to the nation’s highest court.
Justice Kenny Griffis serves the central district on the Mississippi Supreme Court. He was appointed by former governor Phil Bryant to replace Chief Justice Bill Waller Jr. who retired last year
Griffis is squaring off against Court of Appeals Judge Latrice Westbrooks.
She held a news conference Monday and honored the late Ginsburg.
There are a total of four Mississippi Supreme Court races on the ballot. Two races are unopposed.
- Man accused of stealing dying woman’s phone outside Anheuser-Busch brewery
- ‘Sign of the times’: Florida man stole backhoe, ran down Biden signs, police say
- Body of missing hip-hop artist found in car trunk after crash in Florida
- Trump encourages people to change their ballots. Here are states where you can
- Newsfeed Now: Biden goes on offense in Georgia while President Trump targets Midwest