JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Junior League of Jackson (JLJ) will donate more than 300 backpacks filled with supplies to Jackson students.
Backpack Buddies is the JLJ’s annual summer initiative in partnership with the Jackson Public School District.
Volunteers filled backpacks with school supplies on Tuesday, July 28, at JLJ Headquarters. The backpacks will be delivered to Lester Elementary School for students to use.
- Emmanuel Sanders eyeing another Super Bowl victory
- Protesters call for legislators to override Gov. Reeves recent vetoes
- Schools face big virus test as students return to classroom
- Oregon trooper injured, 24 arrested in Portland protests
- Virus causing financial pain even for people still working