JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A young kidney disease survivor was treated to a celebration that he will always remember. De’Nahri Middleton celebrated his 10th birthday with a parade.
“When De’Nahri was five months old, he had his right kidney removed. So over the years, he’s undergone 10 surgeries. So it’s been a long journey, but we are blessed that he’s doing great now,” said his mother, Decimbra Middleton.
De’Nahri was diagnosed with hydronephrosis, but that didn’t stop him from making some major accomplishments.
“Everyone has been very supportive of him. He’s won contests. He’s been out on all type of opportunities.”
His most recent opportunity was being part of a pregame show for his favorite college football team, the Miami Hurricanes. De’Nahri said he plans to attend the college’s law school to become a judge.
- 6-year-old battling cancer surprised with birthday parade from first responders
- List of Jackson Public Schools to return in-person on Monday
- Senate Democrats and Republicans still split day after COVID-19 Relief Deal vote
- 5 ways COVID-19 might affect your tax bill
- Grammy performers revealed: Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Billie Eilish