JACKSON, Miss (WJTV) – At least 600 hundred people showed up to the steps of the state capitol in Jackson for the Let Your Voice Be Heard Rally.
Those in attendance said they believe Mississippi voters should have a voice in the decision of the state flag.
Joy Redwine hosted the rally. She says, “We need to make history. We need to show these elected officials that we’re not going to be silent.”
“Mississippi is my home, and I’ll fight for that flag and I’ll definitely fight for that vote,” said Laura Juneau.
Several state lawmakers showed up in support.
- Ron Paul ‘doing fine’ after apparent medical incident during live show
- Forrest General’s first set of twins celebrate 68th birthday
- St. Dominic Hospital hosts blood drive in Jackson
- Largest California wildfire threatens marijuana-growing area
- Alcorn State to host the SBA Women’s Business Center on campus