JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Leaders with the Jackson Public School District (JPS) announced 15 schools will move to virtual learning on Tuesday, November 16. They said the City of Jackson ahs reported low or no water pressure in the area.
The following schools will move to virtual learning:
- Key Elementary, 699 West McDowell Road
- Lester Elementary, 2350 Oakhurst Street
- Marshall Elementary, 2909 Oak Forest Drive
- Oak Forest Elementary, 1831 Smallwood Drive
- Shirley Elementary, 330 Judy Street
- Van Winkle Elementary, 1655 Whiting Road
- Wilkins Elementary, 1970 Castle Hill Drive
- Bailey APAC Middle, 7020 Highway 49 North
- Blackburn Middle, 1311 West Pearl
- Chastain Middle, 4650 Manhattan Road
- Kirksey Middle, 5677 Highland Drive
- Northwest Middle, 7020 Highway 49 North
- Peeples Middle, 2940 Belvedere Drive
- Whitten Middle, 210 Daniel Lake Boulevard
- Wingfield High, 1985 Scanlon Drive
Instructional teams will teach from home and custodial staff will report to their respective schools.
The JPS Child Nutrition team will prepare meals to go for parents or guardians to pick up at their student’s home school sites from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
After-school programming at these sites will also be canceled on Tuesday.