JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Take some time to unwind with friends, family or yourself this weekend. Below you’ll find a list of some fun events going on this weekend (September 22-24) around Mississippi.
THEE Tailgate – Jackson – Friday
- Catch live performances, food and more – plus appearances from Coach T.C. Taylor and the JSU Tigers!
WC Gorden Classic Concert – Jackson – Friday
- The JSU Tiger Athletic Foundation presents the WC Golden Classic Concert featuring After 7, Willie Clayton, Badger, Cupid, P2KDaDiddy, Leroy Allen and Evette Busby.
Liverpool Legends – Jackson – Friday
- Experience the complete history of The Beatles, starting with the early mop-top hits, such as I Want To Hold Your Hand, She Loves You, and Twist and Shout. You’ll then take a Magical Mystery Tour down Penny Lane, through the psychedelic era of Sgt. Pepper.
People Eat Culture Festival – Jackson – Friday
- The festival explores the spectrum of food & music while redefining the new historic Farish Street experience.
Belhaven Block Party – Jackson – Friday
- Terrace will have weekly live music, snacks, special cocktails, ice cream & more at the Belhaven Town Center.
A Taste of Vicksburg – Vicksburg – Friday
- Each month will feature local entertainers, artists, or history buffs to share Vicksburg’s rich culture and history. This month will feature Women of the Siege.
Ellen Skrmetti – Jackson – Friday
- Ellen Skrmetti is a Birmingham based Instagram based comedian who gained and audience with “If The Queen Died in the South” and her ongoing series “Hey Jesus, It’s Me.”
Barbiecore for a Cure – Natchez – Friday
- This fun night is dedicated to raising money for the American Cancer Society. Come in your best Barbie attire, bring your Ken and dance the night away! Enjoy an open bar and appetizers.
Hangar Hangover – Madison – Friday and Saturday
- See World War II planes up close and personal. Watch as they take off and fly, and rides are available all day.
MagRidge BMX MS State Championship – Ridgeland – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- The state pre-race will be on Friday, the state qualifier race will be on Saturday and the state championship race will be on Sunday.
Clue on Stage – Madison – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Based on the cult classic film and the popular board game, Clue is a madcap comedy that will keep you guessing until the final twist!
Lend Me A Soprano – Jackson – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Based on Ken Ludwig’s Tony Award-winning Lend Me A Tenor, this madcap screwball comedy features ladies in the leading roles and is guaranteed to leave audiences teary-eyed with laughter!
The Instrumental Avatars Exhibition – Jackson – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- This exhibition presents research into a selection of masks and musical instruments from Central and West Africa in the Department of Art’s permanent collection. It explores the significant role of masquerade and music in various cultures.
Permian Monsters: Life Before the Dinosaurs Exhibit – Jackson – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Step back in time nearly 300 million years when bizarre-looking animals dominated life on land and sea. Learn about the greatest extinction the world has ever seen.
Solidarity Now! 1968 Poor People’s Campaign Exhibit – Jackson – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- This traveling exhibit explores a pivotal grassroots movement of the civil rights era: the Poor People’s Campaign of 1968. Solidarity Now! also examines the six-week protest community in Washington D.C. that called the nation’s attention to the effects of poverty on millions of Americans.
Jackson State Football – Jackson – Saturday
- The Jackson State Tigers kick off their home football season with the WC Gorden Classic.
Belhaven Football – Jackson – Saturday
- The Blazers take on Greensboro at the Belhaven Bowl Stadium.
Millsaps Football – Jackson – Saturday
- Millsaps hosts Hendrix College at Harper Davis Field.
¡LatinFest! – Jackson – Saturday
- The event showcases the Latin community, celebrating its rich culture and heritage while fostering connections among people from diverse backgrounds and disciplines.
Food Truck Frenzy – Rankin County – Saturday
- Enjoy a day of live music and great food at the Bobby Cleveland Park at Lakeshore on the Reservoir.
Revelry Jackson – Jackson – Saturday
- There will be live music, live painting, a shrimp boil and art market.
Music Matters – Vicksburg – Saturday
- The event is a pop-culture, feel good story, that pays homage to the R&B music of the 1990s.
Hounds & Sounds – Jackson – Saturday
- Join the Animal Rescue Fund MS and Urban Foxes for a special adoption event!
Bowling for Rhinos – Jackson – Saturday
- All proceeds will go to Bowling For Rhinos AAZK, the AAZK conservation efforts for rhinos and their habitats.
Youth Fishing Rodeo – Pearl – Saturday
- The Youth Fishing Rodeo will be held at Bright Park. Registration starts at 8:00 a.m., and fishing begins at 9:00 a.m.
National Public Lands Day – Jackson – Saturday
- Come out to Myrlie’s Garden and celebrate the great outdoors! Local Gardener Norma Michael will provide a workshop on starting and transferring your plants, allowing them to thrive in any setting.
Vicksburg National Military Park Fee Free Day – Vicksburg – Saturday
- In honor of National Public Lands Day, visitors can enjoy free admission at the Vicksburg National Military Park.
Mississippi Farmers Market – Jackson – Saturday
- From persimmons to peaches, from bok choy to butter beans, the Mississippi Farmers Market is the one place to go for the freshest fruits and vegetables that are grown in the state.
Natchez Farmer’s Market – Natchez – Saturday
- There will be live fresh produce, baked goods, fresh dairy, and arts and crafts all from local growers and artists.
JXN Roller Derby – Jackson – Saturday
- Come watch this fast-paced, full-contact sport played on quad roller skates.
2023 Fall Pilgrimage – Natchez – Saturday & Sunday
- The Pilgrimage Garden Club’s Annual Fall Pilgrimage will be held September 23, 2023 through October 20, 2023.
Jim Messina – Hattiesburg – Friday
- Don’t miss Jim Messina in concert at the Hattiesburg Saenger Theater!
Hattiesburg Hot Air Balloon Festival – Hattiesburg – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- This event will feature live music, vendors, food trucks, rides, an art exhibit, and more!
New Exhibit at Hattiesburg Pocket Museum – Hattiesburg – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- The Hattiesburg Pocket Museum has a new exhibit every month, so be sure to head downtown for a small surprise!
Great Downtown Duck Hunt – Hattiesburg – Saturday
- Two hundred “Ducks” will be hidden throughout downtown Hattiesburg. Among the 200 “ducks” will be three “Special Ducks” and one “Golden Duck.” “Ducks” can be redeemed for prizes at the Hattiesburg Pocket Museum.
End of Summer Movie Night – Petal – Saturday
- The event will feature the movie The Sandlot. The movie will begin at sunset. Concessions will be available for purchase, including popcorn, nachos, and more.
“Honoring Our Heroes” Family Fun Fest – Hattiesburg – Saturday
- The event will begin with a 5K and one-mile run followed by the 2nd annual Family Fun Fest. There will be vendors, live music and games for kids.
Southern Prohibition Oktoberfest – Hattiesburg – Saturday
- Kick off Oktoberfest at SoPro. They will have a new festbier for customers to enjoy.
Fine Art Exhibit & Reception for “Artists Across Borders” – Hattiesburg – Saturday
- “Artists Across Borders” is a collaborative group of artists creating & exhibiting works of immigration stories, cultural connections, & social justice.
Carey Piano Studio – Hattiesburg – Saturday
- Students of the William Carey University Piano Studio will bring various compositions throughout the night!
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament – Laurel – Saturday
- The tournament is open to ages 10-17. Switch and controls will be provided by the library.