JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Take some time to unwind with friends, family or yourself this weekend. Below you’ll find a list of some fun events going on this weekend (September 29-October 1) around Mississippi.
Belhaven Block Party – Jackson – Friday
- There will be live music, snacks, special cocktails, ice cream & more.
Live at Five – Natchez – Friday
- Live at Five is a free, family-friendly concert series on the bluff overlooking the Mississippi overlooking the Mississippi River held in the Fall and Spring.
An Evening with Ron Rash – Jackson – Friday
- Ron Rash will read from and sign copies of his new book, The Caretaker, at the Eudora Welty House and Garden.
HairSpritz – Raymond – Frida, Saturday & Sunday
- The event will take place at Cain-Cochran Hall on the Raymond campus of Hinds Community College.
Fiber Fun in the ‘Sip – Vicksburg – Friday and Saturday
- Fiber fun is back in the ‘Sip, bringing back local and regional know instructors and nationally known fiber instructors with many workshops. There will be jazz and blues music, food concessions, and a cash bar with a themed cocktail.
The Instrumental Avatars Exhibition – Jackson – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- This exhibition presents research into a selection of masks and musical instruments from Central and West Africa in the Department of Art’s permanent collection. It explores the significant role of masquerade and music in various cultures.
Permian Monsters: Life Before the Dinosaurs Exhibit – Jackson – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Step back in time nearly 300 million years when bizarre-looking animals dominated life on land and sea. Learn about the greatest extinction the world has ever seen.
WellsFest – Jackson – Saturday
- WellsFest 2023 will benefit Operation Shoestring in Jackson. There will be food trucks, children’s activities and arts and crafts vendors, as well as live music.
Taste of West Jackson – Jackson – Saturday
- The event will bring together local chefs, restaurants, food enthusiasts, nonprofit and for-profit vendors, families, and community members. All proceeds from this fundraising event will benefit the Refill Jackson Initiative.
Magnolia Sunset Markets – Jackson – Saturday
- The event at The Bean Path will feature Jackson’s young creatives at the market this month!
Oktoberfest 2023 – Vicksburg – Saturday
- The 6th Annual Oktoberfest will be held at Key City Brewing Co. Enjoy German-inspired food, as well as German beers.
Wing Dang Doodle Festival – Forest – Saturday
- Teams will vie for bragging rights and a $1,000 grand prize for the best grilled, smoked or fried chicken wings in the area.
Mardi Gras Murder Mystery – Natchez – Saturday
- Mardi Gras Murder Mystery is a party wherein some of the guests will take the roles of Marshall Inglewood and his guests and staff and play those characters throughout the course of the event.
“Grace Wins” Red Carpet Gala – Vicksburg – Saturday
- The Red Carpet Gala will include a dinner and movie showing.
Hoodvency Runway of Health – Vicksburg – Saturday
- This event is to encourage physical health activities and testing for common diseases. There will be a get fit bootcamp, Zumba line dance, blood drive and mediation.
2023 Bridging-the-Gap – Vicksburg – Saturday
- There will be a host of vendors, agencies, and food vendors at this event.
Mississippi Farmers Market – Jackson – Saturday
- From persimmons to peaches, from bok choy to butter beans, the Mississippi Farmers Market is the one place to go for the freshest fruits and vegetables that are grown in the state. This weekend will feature the Great Mississippi Peanut Boil.
Natchez Farmer’s Market – Natchez – Saturday
- There will be live fresh produce, baked goods, fresh dairy, and arts and crafts all from local growers and artists.
Fall Market Under the Sea – Vicksburg – Saturday
- This event will be from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. at the Vicksburg Park Pavilion.
Unveiling Ceremony: Bust of Hiram Revels – Natchez – Saturday
- Zion Chapel A.M.E. Church will celebrate the legacy of Hiram Rhodes Revels with a bust in his honor created by Bob Willis, of Oklahoma.
Walk for Diabetes – Jackson – Sunday
- Participants in Mississippi’s Walk for Diabetes Metro Jackson will be able to do a one-mile fun run walk or a three-mile walk.
Sonic Boom Battle of the Bands – Jackson – Sunday
- The Jackson State University “Sonic Boom of the South” will host its High School Battle of the Bands.
Local Only Music Festival – Jackson – Sunday
- The event will feature performances from many musicians at Hal & Mal’s.
Downtown Sunday Brunch at the Watermark – Vicksburg – Sunday
- The event will feature live music. Reservations encouraged but not required.
Rum Under the Sun – Hattiesburg – Friday
- Guests to The Hattiesburg Zoo will be watching the setting sun while sipping on some rum at the second annual Rum Under the Sun event
Live at Five + National Night Out 2023 – Hattiesburg – Friday
- National Night Out in Hattiesburg is a celebration of our community and our partnership with law enforcement and first responders. The kick-off event will include live music, food vendors, touch a truck opportunities for children and meet and greets with our community’s first responders.
Mobile Street Renaissance Festival – Hattiesburg – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- The annual festival will feature live music, family-fun and several food competitions – including the Sho Nuff BBQ, Sweet Potato Pie and Pound Cake contests.
New Exhibit at Hattiesburg Pocket Museum – Hattiesburg – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- The Hattiesburg Pocket Museum has a new exhibit every month, so be sure to head downtown for a small surprise!
Big Rip Classic – Hattiesburg – Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- The Big Rip Classic was started by a group of local disc golfers known as Spin Crazy. Their goal is to provide a unique player experience for everyone to enjoy with a competitive tournament environment, camping, players party, live music, firework show, and more.
USM Football – Hattiesburg – Saturday
- The Golden Eagles will face Texas State at M.M. Roberts Stadium.
Amy Grant Live in Concert – Hattiesburg – Saturday
- Amy Grant will perform at the Saenger Theater in Hattiesburg.
HCAC Art Market – Hattiesburg – Saturday
- This event hopes to engage locals and visitors to take part in Hattiesburg’s creative economy while celebrating local artists!