PARCHMAN, Miss. (WJTV) – A 64-year-old inmate hospitalized since May at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman died Wednesday afternoon. Bobby Neil McFalls was being treated for a terminal illness, according to the Sunflower County coroner.
According to MDOC, an autopsy will be done, however, for an official cause and manner of death.
McFalls was serving life for murder and seven years for residential burglary, both of which were committed a month apart, in 1975 in Harrison County. He had been paroled three times since his initial sentence on Oct. 21, 1976, for the burglary.
He last returned to prison in July 2002.
- Largest California wildfire threatens marijuana-growing area
- Alcorn State to host the SBA Women’s Business Center on campus
- JPS to host football showcase on Saturday
- Preliminary report released in plane crash that killed Natchez veterinarian
- Jackson Alumni Chapter of Delta State honors three scholarship recipients