JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – An inmate serving 40 years at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility for two sex crimes has died at the state prison in Rankin County, according to the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC).
Roger Lynn Holliman Sr., 64, was pronounced dead on Tuesday. He had been in prison since March 2019, shortly after pleading guilty February 11, 2019, to two counts of sexual battery in Greene County. Holliman also pled guilty to statutory rape in September of that year in Wayne County.
An autopsy will determine the cause and the manner of death.
- Live: White House COVID-19 team holds briefing as fully vaccinated Americans await guidance
- Stimulus check calculator: Do you qualify for $1,400?
- Minneapolis prepares for possible unrest as Chauvin goes on trial
- ‘We didn’t see it approaching’: NC woman says she thinks animal that attacked her was coyote
- Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah lays bare royal rift