JACKSON, Miss,(WJTV) - A man is behind bars after trying to ditch a head-on collision Sunday morning.
Jackson Police say officers responded to Raymond Road near Camilia Lane around 3 a.m. for a two-vehicle accident.
Once on scene, they located a 43-year-old female driver of one of the vehicles who died from her injuries.
A passenger from her vehcile was transported to the hospital with injuries.
The 34-year-old male driver of the second vehicle tried to escape the scene on foot, but was later captured. His charges are currently pending.
Police believe alcohol may have been a factor, but they're still investigating.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Long-awaited video service expected from Apple on Monday
- Seoul says some N. Korean officials back at liaison office
- Justice sought for 4 Dutch journalists killed in El Salvador
- West Jones Baseball coach focused on more than just winning