JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police arrested a suspect after a deadly shooting on Bailey Avenue earlier this week.
Investigators said Corey Johnson, 37, was released from the hospital and arrested for the murder of Anthony Gordon, 43. Johnson was also injured during the shooting.
JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police are investigating a deadly double shooting in the city. The shooting happened in the 3100 block of Bailey Avenue just before 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
Police said two men were injured following a fight between the two of them. One man, 43-year-old Anthony Marshera Gordon, died at the scene. The Hinds County coroner said he suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
The second man was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The shooting is under investigation.
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- Miami officer photographed wearing Trump mask at polling place
- Millsaps College keeping coronavirus cases low on campus during fall semester
- Major project coming to Ross Barnett Reservoir
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Largest’ mountaintop border-wall blast captured on video in Arizona wilderness