JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police arrested a suspect after a deadly shooting on Bailey Avenue earlier this week.
Investigators said Corey Johnson, 37, was released from the hospital and arrested for the murder of Anthony Gordon, 43. Johnson was also injured during the shooting.
JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police are investigating a deadly double shooting in the city. The shooting happened in the 3100 block of Bailey Avenue just before 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
Police said two men were injured following a fight between the two of them. One man, 43-year-old Anthony Marshera Gordon, died at the scene. The Hinds County coroner said he suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
The second man was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The shooting is under investigation.
- Jackson native Dante Brown wins SEC 60M championship
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- Southern Miss to resume In person courses come Fall 2021
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- Man killed after being punched on Las Vegas Strip identified, suspect gives little information to police