JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police arrested a man after they said he stole a vehicle from a local dealership.
On Monday, September 26, 36-year-old Jonathan Stiffic was arrested for the theft of a black 2022 Porsche Cayenne taken from the Porsche Dealership of Jackson. Police said Stiffic confessed to taking the vehicle after finding keys inside the car.
Stiffic made his initial appearance in court and received a $15,000 bond and a request for mental evaluation.
Jackson police are advising all dealerships to be cautious in leaving the keys inside vehicles unattended. They also offered the following tips to avoid becoming the victim of a car thief:
- Never leave your car running unattended, even to dash into a business or store.
- Never leave any keys in the car or ignition, inside a locked garage or inside hide-a-key boxes.
- Always roll up your windows and lock the car, even if it’s parked in front of your home.
- Never leave valuables in plain view, even if your car is locked. Put them in the trunk or out of sight.
- Always park in high-traffic, well-lit areas, if possible.
- Install a mechanical device that locks the steering wheel, column or brakes. These devices will deter some criminals.
- Consider purchasing a vehicle theft/security system, especially if you own a frequently stolen vehicle model.
- Copy your license plate and Vin on a card and keep them with you. If your vehicle is stolen, police will need this information to make a report.
- If your vehicle is stolen, report it to police immediately.