CLINTON, Miss. (WJTV) – Due to a power outage at Clinton Junior High School, students in grades 7th-8th will not have class on September 8, virtually or on campus. Before the outage, students in grades, 7-12 were slated to return to campus on Tuesday in a hybrid format with Team Clinton reporting to campus.
According to the Clinton Public School District, students who attend CJHS who are part of Team Clinton will report to campus on Wednesday, September 9 while students who are part of Team Arrows will participate virtually.
All other campuses will continue with instruction in the hybrid format.
Students in grades K-6 and 9-12 who are part of Team Clinton will report to campus. Students in grades K-6 and 9-12 who are part of Team Arrows will commence with virtual instruction.
A spokesperson for the district said a tree fell on some power lines and equipment Monday night, which caused the outage. Entergy fixed the issue.
- Video: Driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Florida drawbridge
- Local pharmacist responds to Johnson & Johnson vaccine pause
- Man found dead in abandoned house on Ellis Avenue in Jackson
- House committee investigates opioid abuse spike during pandemic
- Decision Day: Rashad Bolden picks Southern Miss