Propane kills Natchez couple, trying to keep warm

Local News

A Mississippi couple is found dead, laying next to one another, in their home with no electricity, from what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning.
  
The Adams County Coroner says that 61-year-old Tippie Proby Jr. and 65-year-old Alice Marie Thomas were discovered around 10 p.m. Sunday, according to a report from Natchez Democrat. 
  
The coroner said the two were “lying next to each other, fully clothed, in a small, portable building in Natchez that had no electricity.”

They had apparently been using a small, propane generator in the center of the house as a source of heat and to power other appliances. 
  
The Adams County Sheriff’s Office is investigating and autopsies are planned to further understand how they died. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.