JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Clarion Ledger, one of the stars of the OWN series “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” pled not guilty to all charges related to a murder-for-hire plot. James “Tim” Norman made his initial appearance on Tuesday, October 13.
Prosecutors said Norman conspired with Terica Ellis, of Memphis, in a plot that resulted in the death of Norman’s nephew, Andre Montgomery Jr., who died in 2016.
Norman and Waiel Rebhi “Wally” Yaghnam, of St. Louis, also face one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud. According to court documents, the two men are accused of attempting to collect $450,000 through a falsely-obtained life insurance policy for Montgomery.
- Black Mississippi senators protest vote on race theory bill
- Sports Zone: Sean Payton to Cowboys postseason talk surfaces yet again
- ‘Joe vs Carole’: ‘Tiger King’-inspired TV series starring Kate McKinnon gets first trailer
- Hydroxychloroquine shows promise as a treatment for multiple sclerosis
- Jacob’s Cave, a Missouri tourist attraction, listed for $3.4M