JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Clarion Ledger, one of the stars of the OWN series “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” pled not guilty to all charges related to a murder-for-hire plot. James “Tim” Norman made his initial appearance on Tuesday, October 13.
Prosecutors said Norman conspired with Terica Ellis, of Memphis, in a plot that resulted in the death of Norman’s nephew, Andre Montgomery Jr., who died in 2016.
Norman and Waiel Rebhi “Wally” Yaghnam, of St. Louis, also face one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud. According to court documents, the two men are accused of attempting to collect $450,000 through a falsely-obtained life insurance policy for Montgomery.
- Mississippi man gets 50 years for producing child porn
- ’15 and Mahomies Foundation’ to donate 30,000 meals to East Texas Food Bank
- Dead cat dumped in parking lot of Chinese American butcher
- ‘bringg kids bacc’: Vandals target school board members, leave note
- Four Mississippi men sentenced for violating federal wildlife laws