VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – Kemaria Taylor of Vicksburg is using painting as an escape from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. One of her pieces was inspired by the singer, Mary J. Blige.
“I like to draw and paint. I mainly start it off drawing, but I got a canvas from my auntie the first time I just started painting. I gave it a try, and I started some more painting, then drawing,” said Taylor.
The 15-year-old likes to do tribal and abstract paintings. She also enjoys drawing designs for dresses, like her mother.
As for her future plans, Taylor hopes to join a painting class in high school to further her craft.
- Federal judge postpones Trump ban on popular app TikTok
- GALLERY: Spotlight on Saints for Sunday Night Football
- The eyes don’t have it: Masks upset classroom communication
- Homespun BLM products include cookie kits, garden gnomes
- Police: fight over parking spaces leads to 1 dead, 2 injured in NE Birmingham