VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – Kemaria Taylor of Vicksburg is using painting as an escape from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. One of her pieces was inspired by the singer, Mary J. Blige.
“I like to draw and paint. I mainly start it off drawing, but I got a canvas from my auntie the first time I just started painting. I gave it a try, and I started some more painting, then drawing,” said Taylor.
The 15-year-old likes to do tribal and abstract paintings. She also enjoys drawing designs for dresses, like her mother.
As for her future plans, Taylor hopes to join a painting class in high school to further her craft.
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Veterans Voices: Willing Warriors retreat helps with healing