PEARL, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is encouraging Mississippians to take part in the ‘Great ShakeOut’ earthquake drill on Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 10:15 a.m.
During the self-led drill, participants will practice the three essential actions to take during an earthquake, which are to:
- DROP to the ground.
- Take COVER under a sturdy table or desk if possible, protecting your head and neck.
- HOLD ON until the shaking stops.
To take part in the ‘Great ShakeOut’, individuals and organizations are asked to register at www.shakeout.org/. Once registered, participants will receive more information on how to plan their drill and additional earthquake preparedness tips.
- Keys to the Game: Panthers at Saints
- American Lung Association Announces ‘Vape-Free School Initiative’
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- Jon Bon Jovi to accompany Joe and Jill Biden in Luzerne County Saturday