JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC), a Central Mississippi Correctional Facility inmate has died while in prison.
Krysta Lesherri Chewe, 47, died Sunday at Merit Health Central in Jackson, where she had been hospitalized previously this year.
MDOC officials said the cause and the manner of her death will be determined by an autopsy.
Chewe was sentenced Dec. 10, 2019, in Pontotoc County to 20 years for manslaughter and five years’ probation for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- UMMC’s 1,000th hospitalized patient with COVID-19 discharged on Monday
- Trick-or-Treat at the Two Mississippi Museums
- Woman accused impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case
- Man accused of stealing dying woman’s phone outside Anheuser-Busch brewery
- ‘Sign of the times’: Florida man stole backhoe, ran down Biden signs, police say