JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and mandatory safety restrictions, Jackson-area restaurants have experienced decreased revenue due to a lack of dine-in guests.
Visit Jackson and Downtown Jackson Partners decided to work together to provide restaurants with a low-cost delivery option, in addition to existing take out and curbside options. They have negotiated a lower commission rate for Jackson restaurants through this partnership.
To date, this program is available to restaurants in the following zip codes; 39201, 39202, 39204, 39206, 39211, 39213, and 39216. As interest grows, the organizations hope to extend the delivery area to cover all of Jackson.
Mississippi Delivery is a local company established in 2020.
- 7 arrested after undercover operations target human trafficking in Southaven
- Tsunami warning issued after 7.5 magnitude earthquake strikes near Alaska
- Standing in the gap: grassroots efforts to tackle inequities in education
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- Putting the ‘X’ back in Mexico: Gigantic red sculpture getting a makeover in Juarez