JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The COVID-19 vaccine rollout is relying heavily on big pharmaceutical companies such as Walgreens and CVS.
Ridgeland Place Senior Living and Castlewoods Place in Brandon among others are preparing for the vaccines that will be distributed from the CVS partnership.
The vaccine rollout at long-term care facilities is part of a national effort aimed at protecting the most at risk. People living in long-term care facilities makeup nearly 40% of U.S. coronavirus deaths, according to the COVID Tracking Project.
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- 12 News Investigates: Are gun shows contributing to culture of violence?
- Jackson mother describes experience of not having water for weeks
- New Yorkers split if Governor Cuomo’s apology was sincere