LAMAR COUNTY, Miss. (WHLT) – Students and organizers demonstrated for racial equality outside Oak Grove High School in Lamar County on Friday.
They were responding to a controversial video that was published to the school’s social media page, according to Hattiesburg Patriot News Media. The video appeared to pick up audio of a student(s) yelling, “White power,” when a group of seniors ran across the football field.
The video was removed from the school’s social media page after parents and students brought the matter to administrators.
- Mexico has $1 million for ‘Dreamers’ in the U.S.
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez responds to arrest of Capitol riot suspect who allegedly said ‘Assassinate AOC’
- Focused on Mississippi: Walter Anderson’s Oldfields
- Boom system installed south of the border to prevent trash from flowing into U.S.
- Belhaven University builds COVID-19 testing facility to test students every week