COVINGTON COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The superintendent of the Covington County School District confirmed a school employee was arrested and charged with exploitation of children.
Superintendent Babette Duty issued the statement on Facebook saying that the employee has been placed on administrative leave until further notice.
Duty also stated that the investigation into the alleged illegal activity is being handled by state authorities from the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office.
There’s no further information coming from the school district.
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- Putting the ‘X’ back in Mexico: Gigantic red sculpture getting a makeover in Juarez
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings
- Newsfeed Now transforms for campaign coverage as election approaches
- Young voters requesting ballots, but they’re returning them at a slower rate