LUMBERTON, Miss. (WHLT) – Lumberton Football announced on Facebook that one of the high school’s former football players passed away.
There’s no word on how Augustus “Gus” Sandifer passed away. According to Max Preps, Sandifer was a senior during the 2019-2020 season.
The football team released the following statement:
Augustus “Gus” Sandifer was loved and respected by all. He was proud to represent Lumberton every Friday night! His hard work, passion, energy, and fun loving attitude were contagious to all around him. Please be in prayer for Gus’ family, friends, classmates, teammates, our school, and community. Gus, you will be missed. #FlyHighGusLumberton Football
- White House releases new report; President used Defense Production Act nearly 80 times to combat pandemic
- Inmate serving life for murder dies at Parchman hospital
- Southern Miss-Tennessee Tech football game canceled
- Chicano group to hand out COVID-19 kits to hundreds of San Diego’s most vulnerable
- Saints WR placed on Reserve/COVID List