VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – A man has been arrested for allegedly shooting his grandmother in the abdomen Friday morning.
Sheriff Martin Pace said his department received a call about the shooting around 8:30 a.m. The sheriff and the deputies responded to the victim’s home in the 9700 block of U.S. 61 S. in the Yokena Community.
Investigators found the victim, 71, with a gunshot wound to her abdomen. Pace said the victim identified the shooter as her 25-year-old grandson, Samuel Hunter Anderson, who lived nearby.
Deputies arrested the grandson about 20 minutes later. They also recovered a firearm.
The grandmother was taken to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson for treatment. There’s no word on her condition.
Sheriff Pace said the motive for the shooting is unclear, but investigators are working to find out what led up to it. The suspect and the victim’s names are not being released until other family members are notified.
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Captain Ross retires from Hinds County Sheriff’s Office
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- Fewer than half of COVID-19 vaccines promised to Baja California will be delivered
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration