VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – A man has been arrested for allegedly shooting his grandmother in the abdomen Friday morning.
Sheriff Martin Pace said his department received a call about the shooting around 8:30 a.m. The sheriff and the deputies responded to the victim’s home in the 9700 block of U.S. 61 S. in the Yokena Community.
Investigators found the victim, 71, with a gunshot wound to her abdomen. Pace said the victim identified the shooter as her 25-year-old grandson, Samuel Hunter Anderson, who lived nearby.
Deputies arrested the grandson about 20 minutes later. They also recovered a firearm.
The grandmother was taken to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson for treatment. There’s no word on her condition.
Sheriff Pace said the motive for the shooting is unclear, but investigators are working to find out what led up to it. The suspect and the victim’s names are not being released until other family members are notified.
- 5 questions we have ahead of Thursday’s final Trump-Biden debate
- Florida man breaks a Georgia fishing record a few miles south of Columbus
- Coach Deion Sanders unites with men of Jackson to draw up plans to lift up communities
- Saints set to face off against former players & staff vs. Panthers
- Fourth grader in New Mexico forced to walk to school for internet