VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – A man has been charged with aggravated assault for shooting his brother in the neck Friday night in Vicksburg.
The incident happened just before 10:00 p.m. at The Pitts Apartments located on Washington Street.
When the officers arrived, they found victim Clarence Jackson suffering from a gunshot wound to the neck. He was immediately transported to the University of Mississippi Medical Center for treatment.
Witnesses said the suspect was victim’s brother, Anthony Jackson, was still on scene upon police arrival and was arrested.
Anthony Jackson has been charged with one count of aggravated assault with a firearm. He is on a $25,000.00 bond.
- Sharkey County town closes vaccine access gap thanks to medical volunteers
- 12 News Investigates: Mobile COVID-19 vaccines for Madison Co. teachers, staff
- JSU Tennis Prepares for SWAC Tournament
- Bill banning transgender athletes’ participation in public school sports headed to Governor’s desk
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day