JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police arrested a man for allegedly robbing a business Thursday afternoon.
Investigators said an armed man took an undetermined amount of cash from the Jackson Ice Company on S. Jefferson Street. The robbery happened around 1:30 p.m.
The suspect was later apprehended by officers a short distance away in the 600 block of President Street. He has been identified as 27-year-old Timothy Alexander. Investigators said they recovered cash and a firearm.
Alexander has been charged with armed business robbery and convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
- Cuban asylum-seeker shot dead on Juarez strip days shy of being allowed to enter U.S.
- Alligator captured in yard of Eagle Lake homeowners
- Biden tours Ford Rouge Electric Vehicle Center, says future of America is electric cars
- Focused on Solutions: One-on-one with Mayor Lumumba on Jackson’s crime crisis
- California border town laments extension of border restrictions