JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police arrested a man after a deadly shooting Tuesday night. The shooting happened just before 8:30 p.m. in the 1100 block of Raymond Road.
According to investigators, 48-year-old Benjamin White shot and killed 28-year-old Eddie Brown after a fight. Police said White ran away from the scene, but he later surrendered to authorities.
White has been charged with murder and convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
This is the 106th homicide in the City of Jackson for 2020.
- Crash on I-20 East before Gallatain Street
- U.S. students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the U.S. thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- Tips to protect against ‘porch pirates’ during the holiday shopping season