ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
- 4A Girls Quarterfinals: Moss Point 43, McComb 28
- 4A Boys Quarterfinals: Florence 53, South Pike 50
- 4A Boys Quarterfinals: Raymond 64, Quitman 49
- “One Call” cancels major trip for Jackson company due coronavirus concerns
- WBB Preview: (10) Mississippi State vs. Ole Miss