JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police have charged a man in the shooting death of his mother. The incident happened early Saturday morning in the 3900 block of Meadowlane Drive.
Police found 59-year-old Mary Harper shot inside her home where she died from her injuries. According to JPD, the shooting appeared to be a domestic incident.
Officers have identified the suspect as Darrell Harper, 36. He was arrested at the scene and charged with murder.
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Captain Ross retires from Hinds County Sheriff’s Office
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- Fewer than half of COVID-19 vaccines promised to Baja California will be delivered
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration