RANKIN COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – One man is dead after an argument turned into a shooting Monday evening.
According to Rankin County deputies, 18-year-old Deshawn Xavion Douglas and victim 54-year-old Christopher Miln were in a physical altercation before Douglas pulled a gun and shot the victim.
Deputies said an immediate search of the area was conducted with assistance from multiple agencies to find Douglas.
Around 6:00 p.m., deputies were able to locate Douglas at the Regions Bank on Spillway Road without further incident. He was transported to the Rankin County jail.
On Tuesday, Douglas is expected to appear in court Tuesday morning.
- Man wanted for sexual battery involving minors in Jackson
- Josh Duggar trial: Duggar confessed in 2003 to molesting children, says family friend
- Michigan poison control warns about possible cases of fentanyl-laced marijuana
- Emmett Till investigation closed by Justice Department
- Chopped champion chef Nick Wallace speaks to Sumner Hill accounting classes