RANKIN COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – One man is dead after an argument turned into a shooting Monday evening.
According to Rankin County deputies, 18-year-old Deshawn Xavion Douglas and victim 54-year-old Christopher Miln were in a physical altercation before Douglas pulled a gun and shot the victim.
Deputies said an immediate search of the area was conducted with assistance from multiple agencies to find Douglas.
Around 6:00 p.m., deputies were able to locate Douglas at the Regions Bank on Spillway Road without further incident. He was transported to the Rankin County jail.
On Tuesday, Douglas is expected to appear in court Tuesday morning.
- Laurel Lady Tornadoes Defeat Holmes County Central for the 5A State Championship
- Holmes County Central defeats Lake Cormorant for the 5A State Championship
- Clients unable to reach MDHS to recertify food stamps
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead
- Multiple people hospitalized after crash at intersection of Northside and McWillie Drive