JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police said a man has been arrested in connected to a deadly shooting at an apartment complex on Saturday.
Police said 26-year-old Landius Holmes turned himself in to investigators. He’s accused of killing 23-year-old Marquis Bell.
According to JPD, Holmes has been charged with murder.
JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Jackson Police Department is searching for the suspect responsible for fatally shooting a man at an apartment complex on Saturday afternoon.
The incident occurred in the 3700 block of Bailey Avenue at Sinclair Crossing Apartments around 1:00 p.m.
According to Officer Sam Brown, Marquis Bell, 23, suffered gunshot wounds following an altercation with the suspect, Landius Holmes.
Prior to the incident, Bell was sitting inside of the vehicle with occupant Robneisha Parker when Holmes pulled into the complex and attacked Parker.
Bell went to assist Parker and was shot multiple times. He soon died from his injuries.
Police said Holmes is still at large.
This is a developing story.
- Local Hattiesburg golfer Davis Riley to compete in Sanderson Farms Championship
- Sanderson Farms Championship Preview: Players to watch for
- Up to 20 Jackson Police Officers called out Tuesday as new raises come to department
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night