JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Hinds County coroner identified the victim found dead in a vacant Jackson home as a missing Byram teen.
The victim was identified as Austin Green, 15. He had been missing from Byram since August 27.
Green’s body was discovered on Officer Thomas Catchings, Sr. Drive on September 23, 2020.
JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police are investigating a deadly shooting after a man was found inside a vacant home in the 3900 block of Ofc. Thomas Catchings, Sr. Drive.
The shooting happened Wednesday just after 10:00 a.m.
It is believed the victim was inside the home for a long period of time and sustained at least one gunshot wound.
The cause of the shooting is unknown.
- Putting the ‘X’ back in Mexico: Gigantic red sculpture getting a makeover in Juarez
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings
- Newsfeed Now transforms for campaign coverage as election approaches
- Young voters requesting ballots, but they’re returning them at a slower rate
- ‘It brings happy tears to my eyes’: Best friend reunion at pumpkin patch goes viral