HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – A man was arrested for allegedly firing shots at Hinds County deputies while they responded to a domestic disturbance.
The incident happened in the 1200 block of Billy Bell Road on Friday. Upon their arrival, deputies learned that Titus Manogin, 32 causing the disturbance had retreated on foot towards a barn located behind the home.
When they tried to approach, Manogin allegedly fired shots at them. No one was injured during the incident.
Deputies said the suspect was firing at them from an elevated position in the attic of the barn. He was later arrested for two counts of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer and later transported to the Raymond Detention Center.
- 12 News Investigates: Pandemic Tax Scams
- City of Jackson voting precinct changes, absentee voting information for 2021 municipal elections
- US carries out airstrike against Iranian-backed militia target in Syria
- Hattiesburg-Laurel airport receives $1 million grant
- Congressional Democrats renew push for LGBTQ civil rights protections