JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police are investigating after a man was shot and killed Tuesday afternoon.
The shooting happened at an apartment complex in the 1200 block of Lawnview Place around 1:30 p.m. Police said a man was found lying on the ground. He has not been identified.
According to the Jackson Police Department, 21-year-old Damien Parker was shot multiple times and succumbed to his injuries at the scene.
Police said Tramaine Hinton was later arrested and charged with murder and possession of a stolen firearm.
Witnesses told police Hinton had an altercation with a family member about a week ago and was taken to the state hospital for a mental evaluation and was later released.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- East Mississippi Correctional Facility inmate dies at local hospital
- Sheriff’s deputies bust underground ‘superspreader’ parties across L.A. County
- Man lived inside Chicago airport for 3 months before detection, prosecutors say
- After this week, you’ll be one step closer to a $1,400 stimulus check
- Dog and goat serving as mayor raise money to renovate playground